I'm switching from Outlook for Gmail.
- Outlook 2007 sucks! Half the time my emails were not being displayed in the inbox. I had to create the Unread Message search folder just to confirm they were being downloaded.
- I already use Gmail
- my iPod touch has a great interface with GMail
- gmail has MUCH better search using tags which will be a better match for me than folders.
- SPAM: I hardly get any spam in my inbox and hardly any false positives.
- Allowing Google to have permanent copies of my email
- Relying on Google to maintain my account and restore it if something happens.
I'll post more as I go through this process.